I've got some news for you.
Kom nettop hjem til verdens kuleste brev (you've recived an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM KINGSTON UNIVERSITY!!!! London baby!!!) og verdens enda litt kulere e-mail hvor det står om alle de kule tingene som skal skje de første ukene i London.
Just look here:
In addition to our Essential Welcome and Orientation Day, we schedule a number of fun social events to help you explore your new environment and make new friends.
You can buy tickets for these events online (see belowt) or in our International Welcome Centre when you arrive in Kingston. Please see below for full details of events that will be running in September 2011:
- Ten-pin bowling
- Welcome reception
- Walking tours of central London
- Roller disco
- Sunday lunch
- Halls welcome events
- Freshers' Week parties
- Mamma Mia theatre evening
- International Café
- Much Ado About Nothing at the Globe Theatre
- Freshers ball
- Day trip to Greenwich
- Photo frenzy event
Litt mer info om noen av eventene:
If you want to do something fun and different, come to our roller-skating disco night! It is one of the most fun nights out in London, complete with a 1970s theme. So, whether you're a professional skater or a beginner, dress up and join us for an unforgettable night!
- When: Friday 16 September, 8.00pm?late
- Where: The Renaissance Rooms, Vauxhall. For directions and further information, visit www.renaissancerooms.co.uk.
- Cost: £10 before 10.00pm with your Kingston University ID card
- How to book: We won't be selling tickets for this event, so just turn up on the night!
- What to wear: Roller disco is all about having fun and expressing yourself, so wear whatever you like, but make it fun!
- What to bring: Roller skates will be provided, but remember to bring your own socks, as well as spending money, your Kingston University ID card (to prove you are a student) and your passport (if you wish to buy alcohol)
Join us for a traditional roast at a local pub. This delicious meal usually consists of roast meat with gravy, roast potatoes and vegetables (vegetarian options available). A dessert and a drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) are also included.
- When:Sunday 18 September, 12.30pm?3.00pm
- Where:Kingston town centre (a meeting point will be confirmed when your payment has been received)
- Cost:£8.50 (non-refundable). Please note that tickets will not be sold on the day.
Freshers? Week parties
During Freshers' Week, the Students' Union organise themed parties. For more information, go to www.kusu.co.uk.
- When:Every night from 19?22 September, 7.30pm?late
- Where:All Students' Union bars*
- What to wear:Casual clothes
- What to bring: Spending money
*There are Students' Union bars at Penrhyn Road (The Space), Knights Park (Bar Zen) and Kingston Hill (Hannafords)
The Freshers' Ball is the biggest student party of the year! Over 1,500 new students ('freshers') attend. This year's ball will feature a silent disco and DJ, as well as other attractions.
- When: Friday 23 September, 8.00pm?late
- Where: Marquee outside Penrhyn Road campus
- How much: £15
- What to wear: Smart casual (no denim jeans)
- How to book: Tickets can be purchased at the International Welcome Centre, when the Students' Union is there or online at www.kusu.co.uk.
Ser det ikke utrolig kult ut? Jeg sitter i hvert fall her og hopper av spenning. Sunday lunch får meg til å tenke på de fine bankettene som Serena og Blair (gossip girl, litt hekta...) er på og Freshmen Ball får meg til å tenke på de fancy ballene og de fine kjolene. Jeg vet at det ikke blit akkurat sånn, men jeg vet at uansett hvordan det blir så kommer det til å bli kjempe bra! Jeg gleder meg sånn, og det er en så herlig følelse.
1 kommentarer på "I've got some news for you."